Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Southern Living; family favorite
- 226.79 g bacon
- 1 dozen egg, beaten
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies, drained
- 113.39 g jar diced pimentos, drained
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 127.57 g jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- Cook bacon in a large skillet.
- Remove bacon; crumble and set aside; discard drippings.
- Combine eggs, chiles,pimento, salt, and peppers; set aside.
- Saute onion, tomato, and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Add egg mixture; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until eggs are firm but still moist.
- Spoon onto serving platter; garnish with crumbled bacon.
I made this for dinner the other night. Without a doubt, the best scrambled egg dish I have ever eaten. This has a very full bodied flavor. We really liked the oniony taste. Also the cayenne gives it some sizzle and heat. This is a very colorful dish which lends to its eye-appeal. Thank you for posting this. A real winner.
Great brunch recipe - I cut it back to two eggs and no bacon. It was still Mmm i used fresh mushrooms and 2 fresh Serrano peppers. Nice tang to the eggs Thanks for a lovely Sunday Brunch