Southern Living; family favorite
Make and share this Spanish Scrambled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 dozen egg, beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Cook bacon in a large skillet.
- Remove bacon; crumble and set aside; discard drippings.
- Combine eggs, chiles,pimento, salt, and peppers; set aside.
- Saute onion, tomato, and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Add egg mixture; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until eggs are firm but still moist.
- Spoon onto serving platter; garnish with crumbled bacon.
I made this for dinner the other night. Without a doubt, the best scrambled egg dish I have ever eaten. This has a very full bodied flavor. We really liked the oniony taste. Also the cayenne gives it some sizzle and heat. This is a very colorful dish which lends to its eye-appeal. Thank you for posting this. A real winner.
Great brunch recipe - I cut it back to two eggs and no bacon. It was still Mmm i used fresh mushrooms and 2 fresh Serrano peppers. Nice tang to the eggs Thanks for a lovely Sunday Brunch