Recipe by Jenny Morris aka Giggling Gourmet
a rustic salad can be served hot or room temperature with lots of freshly baked crusty bread and a pile of fresh wild rocket.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (410 g) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 300 g chorizo sausage, skin removed
- 1 cup Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 ml chopped fresh ginger
- 1 red chile, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup Spanish olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Chop the sausage into chunks.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the sausage for 3 – 5 minutes, take off the heat.
- 3. Place the beans, parsley, olives, tomatoes, mushroom, spring onions and mint into a bowl – Pour over the dressing and let it stand for 1 hour before serving.
- Chorizo is a pork and paprika sausage which is usually cured.
- Fat cloves of garlic does not mean Elephant garlic, which also has its please in my kitchen.
- AJO – Spanish for garlic.