Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
The fragrant little rosquillas take only minutes of actual working time, yet they give you an impressive homemade, warm pastry dessert. These can be whipped up in batches as large as you care to multiply, so they're nice to keep in mind for entertainment.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- hot butter or margarine
- confectioners' sugar (icing)
- Sift flour into a bowl; add sugar, egg, baking powder, vanilla, and butter.
- Mix with wooden spoon until you have a firm dough.
- Leave in warm room to let dough rise slightly.
- Shape into circlets or half moons about the diameter of a silver dollar, and spread as evenly as possible so that they'll cook through.
- Fry in a small amount of hot butter about 4 minutes but do not burn.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over and serve warm.
- Makes about 18 cakes Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery.