Recipe by Donna Matthews
We love to make these ahead, wrap them individually in foil, freeze them in a plastic bag, then pull them out and bake them when we feel like having a hot lunch.
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped black olives
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 24 small French rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all filling ingredients together.
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally.
- Pull some of the insides out of each half roll to form a hollow.
- (I save these bread pieces for a bread pudding.).
- Fill rolls with cheese by putting a mound of the filling in a bottom and putting the top on top.
- Wrap each roll in a piece of foil, using a sandwich wrap to seal it.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- If you freeze them, allow about an hour for the cooking time, although the time can be adjusted according to how crispy you like them.