Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Try this with "Party Nut Loaf" or a baked potato or mash, or pasta, or, or, or! From Linda McCartneys World of Vegetarian Cooking
- 5 red peppers
- 2 large tomatoes
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58-44.37 ml creme fraiche or 29.58-44.37 ml warmed soya cream
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Put the peppers and tomatoes on a baking tray and roast them at 200c/400F/gas 6 for 20 - 30 minutes, turning from time to time until the peppers have blackened and the tomatoes have cooked.
- Cool the peppers in a paper bag for 10 minutes, then peel off the skins, core and de-seed them. Skin the tomatoes.
- Put the peppers and the tomatoes in the blender with the olive oil. Blend to a puree.
- Pour into a small saucepan and add the creme fraiche or soya cream.
- Stir well, season to taste and heat through to serve.
This was a delicious sauce! I didn't get enough time to peel all the peppers but they blended up fine and just made the sauce a little chunkier. Just make sure to season it as it gives it some great flavor, I used some garlic salt and it was delicious! I decided to use have an half for the creme which worked well. All on all this was a great pasta dinner sauce. Made for ZWT5, Dining Daredevils ;)
Sorry Spain, but it seems the Zaar-ites are bent on making this one Italian! I heeded the advice of other reviewers and added sauteed onion, garlic, and dried basil, then served this over pasta with fresh shaved parmesan. What a delicious change of pace from tomato sauce! I used VERY fresh veggies from today's farmer's market, and the recipe kept that fresh taste. I used cream cheese for the creme fraiche as well, but next go-round I will probably just leave it out. I used a fairly copious amount of garlic, and my only complaint is that I didn't add enough salt during cooking. That was easily remedied at the table. I added broiled chicken for DH's part, and it went very well. Thanks for posting, Karen Elizabeth. This is absolutely a keeper and I can't wait to try it with your Party Loaf! Made for Veg*n Tag.
So delicious! I didn't have creme fraiche, so used cream cheese. I love it and this will be wonderful on pasta! Thanks Karen! Made for Australian Swap#20!