Recipe by Karen Elizabeth
Try this with "Party Nut Loaf" or a baked potato or mash, or pasta, or, or, or! From Linda McCartneys World of Vegetarian Cooking
Top Review by tomsawyer
This was a delicious sauce! I didn't get enough time to peel all the peppers but they blended up fine and just made the sauce a little chunkier. Just make sure to season it as it gives it some great flavor, I used some garlic salt and it was delicious! I decided to use have an half for the creme which worked well. All on all this was a great pasta dinner sauce. Made for ZWT5, Dining Daredevils ;)
- 5 red peppers
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons creme fraiche or 2 -3 tablespoons warmed soya cream
- sea salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the peppers and tomatoes on a baking tray and roast them at 200c/400F/gas 6 for 20 - 30 minutes, turning from time to time until the peppers have blackened and the tomatoes have cooked.
- Cool the peppers in a paper bag for 10 minutes, then peel off the skins, core and de-seed them. Skin the tomatoes.
- Put the peppers and the tomatoes in the blender with the olive oil. Blend to a puree.
- Pour into a small saucepan and add the creme fraiche or soya cream.
- Stir well, season to taste and heat through to serve.