Recipe by Nana Lee
From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks at About.com Long grain rice, flavored with Spanish spices, makes a wonderful filling for wrap sandwiches. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine green pepper, celery, onion, and rice and mix gently to combine.
- In small bowl, combine cumin, turmeric and tomatoes and mix well.
- Add to rice mixture and stir to blend.
- Place filling on tortillas and top with grated cheese.
- Roll up and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours to blend flavors before serving.