1/1 Photo of Spanish Rice With Peppers
I got this recipe from a Mediterranean cookbook & saved it here to try later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lb boneless lean pork, cut into 1 in cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pulverized saffron
- 1/2-1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded & cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded & cut into strips
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ripe tomato, peeled, seeded, & chopped
- 1 1/2 cups short-grain rice (preferably imported Spanish rice) or 1 1/2 cups medium grain rice (preferably imported Spanish rice)
- 3 cups boiling beef broth or 3 cups boiling vegetable broth
- 1Heat the oil in a skillet & brown the garlic & pork on all sides. Once done remove the garlic & pork then sauté the onion & peppers in the oil for 5 minutes.
- 2Mash the garlic into a puree & place into a large casserole along with the pork. Add the parsley, spices, tomatoes, onions, peppers & water, stirring throughly.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425. Then heat the broth in a sauce pan until it begins to boil.
- 4Pour the boiling broth into the casserole then stir in the rice. Cover & cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 5Check on the rice, stirring & adding more water if needed. Then return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes. Remove once the rice is tender & there is no more liquid. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Rice With Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.7
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 864.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g