Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Its a bit of a spicy more flavorful twist on spanish rice.
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti noodles (broken into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup long grain rice (my preference is basmati but any will do)
- 2 tablespoons butter (seperated)
- 1 green bell pepper (roughly diced)
- 1 medium onion (roughly diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped) or 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1⁄2 lb spanish chorizo (In the plastic casing. It will be raw and ground up)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (use the tomato chicken bouillon it can be found in the hispanic food section of your grocery store)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 large tomatoes (roughly diced)
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder (by your taste preference)
- salt and pepper
- on med heat add 1 tbls butter to saute pan and melt.
- add spaghetti noodles to melted butter and cook until lightly brown and crisp.
- Then add cup of rice and brown till golden.
- remove rice from heat and set aside.
- in seperate saute pan on med heat add remaining butter, bell pepper, and onion and saute until soft and onion is transulent then add garlic and saute for 2 minute.
- turn heat to med high and add chorizo to sauted veggies and cook for 10-15 min or until resembiling ground beef texture.
- Remove from heat, pour into seperate bowl and set aside.
- on med high heat Add rice mix to pan chorizo was cooked in, add chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, garlice powder, tomato chicken bullion, salt and pepper.
- bring to boil then lower to temp to simmer.
- cover for 20-25 minute.
- when done add chorizo mix and fluff with fork to fully incorporate mix making sure to add all the juices.
- salt and pepper if needed.
this was very good and easy to make. i had a tube of spanish chorizo that i had to use and this recipe was very good. i loved the combination of the rice and noodles and chorizo, very flavorful and great with grilled pork chops. definitely will make again.