1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
An all time favorite that combines sausage and rice, topped with chicken. This rice is absolutely the best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon other cooking oil
- 3 lbs of meaty chicken pieces
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 teaspoons fresh garlic
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs kielbasa, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 9x13x2-inch pan.
- 3In frying pan, add oil and heat 2 minutes on medium-high temperature.
- 4Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, and brown each piece.
- 5Remove from frying pan and drain on two layers of paper towels.
- 6To the frying pan, add onion, garlic, peppers and sausage in skillet.
- 7Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are lightly browned.
- 8To remove grease, pour ingredients into a colander and run under hot water for 1 minute; drain well.
- 9Add to casserole dish.
- 10Spread mushrooms evenly over vegetable and sausage layer.
- 11Add water, rice, chicken bouillon, basil, curry powder, paprika, rice and green peas.
- 12Gently stir ingredients to mix well.
- 13Place chicken pieces on top of casserole.
- 14Cover casserole.
- 15Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- 16Reduce oven temperature to 300°F, uncover casserole, and continue baking another 20 to 30 minutes until rice is tender.
- 17Remove from oven and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Rice With Chicken and Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 995.7
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 178.2 mg
- Sodium 1241.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 50.2 g