Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so good! It's easy, it's delicious, and you probably have, if not all, most of the ingredients on your shelves. I make a double batch, freeze half(for stuffed bell peppers) and enjoy the meal, as is. Hope you will try it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, chopped (to taste)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan,saute` the rice in the oil to coat.
- Add the cumin and chili powder and stir.
- Next, add chicken, broth, garlic, tomato sauce, and corn and stir to combine.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until cooked.
Sorry did not care for this. It need something to spice it up.