Recipe by Box O' Wine
Instead of roasting the red peppers, I just cut them up and put them in the microwave for about two minutes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 large roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons seeded and chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain off fat.
- Transfer beef to a paper towel lined plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe skillet clean.
- In same skillet, heat oil. Add garlic and yellow onion. Cook, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice, and turmeric. Cook stirring for 2 minutes. Add broth, Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Return beef to skillet, stir in roasted red pepper, green onions, cilantro, olives, jalapeno pepper, and black pepper. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Spoon rice mixture onto a serving platter. Serve immediately.