Taken from a Healthy Meals in Minutes card
Make and share this Spanish Rice With Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 tablespoons recaito, sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 large roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook ground beed over med heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain off fat.
- Transfer beef to paper towel lined plate, wrapped with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat oil.
- Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, recaito sauce and turmeric, cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Return beef to skillet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 5 minutes.