Recipe by moallen31
This is so savory and warming. It's not too spicy for kids. I made mine in a crockpot and let it simmer for a few hours so when my Hubby and son got home, they could have food. The software made me choose the weight of the sazon seasoning, but it's just two packets. It will come in a box. The Sofrito is a foil pouch of a tomato paste type sauce. You can make your own if you search for it. I hope you enjoy as much as me and my husband did.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets Sazon Goya seasoning (you can get this in the international or mexican isle)
- 1 (4 ounce) package sofrito sauce (you can make your own too)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups rice
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 link chorizo sausage (I get a pkg of 6 links)
- 1 (16 ounce) package andouille sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the onion and garlic.
- In a large skillet, add the oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, then a min or so later, add the onion.
- Cook until becomes transparent.
- Add the chorizo and stir.
- Cook until the chorizo is cooked and crumbled.
- Add the sazon and the sofrito.
- Stir and let simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the chicken stock and water.
- Spray the crockpot with cooking spray and add the rice.
- Pour in the stock and stir well.
- Add the sausage of your choice sliced.
- Stir well, and cover.
- On low, cook for 1 hr 30 mins to 2 hours.
- Stir again and serve.