Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grand mother makes this all the time for me and I want others to enjoy it. But For the beans I prefer red kidney beans.
- 3 -4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sofrito sauce
- 15 1⁄2 ounces of goya beans
- 4 -5 cups rice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sazon goya
- Take a large pot and place it on medium heat with the sofrito.
- Add the oil and briefly mix.
- Wash the rice and add it to the pot And make sure the rice is almost above the water.
- Add the can of beans and the water.
- Add the salt and sazon (salt and sazon amounts may be altered if desired), mix, and cover.
- Heat for for 40 to 50 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy!