1/7 Photos of Spanish Rice Using Tomato Sauce
Debbie R.'s Note:
Since I can't eat entire tomatoes, I'm grateful for a recipe that uses tomato sauce instead of crushed tomatoes, etc. This recipe comes from Host Chelsie Kenyon on About.com's Mexican cooking forum. Thank you, Chelsie! Please see Chelsie's original recipe here at http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/quickmexicanrecipes/r/SpanishRice.htm You can make the salt nonexistent in this recipe by using no-salt tomato sauce and chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in garlic and onion. Saute 1-2 minutes until softened.
- 2Add in dry rice. While stirring, cook for about 5 minutes until rice is golden brown.
- 3Slowly add in broth and tomato sauce into rice, not directly onto hot pan. Stir; bring to boil.
- 4Turn heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Fluff with fork.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Rice Using Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 695.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g