- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1⁄4 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup mild green chili
- 1 package onion soup mix (I use Liptons)
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 dashes hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook ground beef until browned.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in water, UNDRAINED tomatoes, celery, UNCOOKED rice, green pepper, soup mix, bouillon cube, salt, basil and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.