Recipe by carole in orlando
Originally from Better Homes and Garden 1996 cookbook. I adjusted it to our taste. It is a good lunch maindish, meatless, and has fiber, too. Add different veggies, or spices to make it a little different for another time.
Top Review by TanyaBananya
Tasty and very filling. I didn't use the edamame and skipped the green chilies to make it more kid-friendly. I also used fresh tomatoes instead of canned and used chopped almonds for the nuts.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup frozen blanched edamame
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking white rice, mix (I used Royal Blend by Texmati)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts (I used Brazil nuts)
- 2⁄3 cup grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- hot sauce (optional)