Recipe by Samantha in Ut
This will look a little thin at first but it will turn out. If you use brown rice it will be a little crunchy.
Top Review by Island Gurl
This pudding was good but not quite enough flavor for me.So next time I would definitely use quite a bit more spice.But over all a great method for a recipe.Thanks! Made for Zingo ZWT5.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain white rice
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 lemon zest, 3 in strips
- 1 cinnamon stick, 3-4 inches
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil with 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large heavy saucepan. Stir in rice and return to a boil. Cook, covered, over low heat until water is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
- Stir in milk, sugar, zest, and cinnamon stick and simmer, uncovered, stirring often, until thickened and rice is tender, 40 minutes to 1 hour. Stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm in a large shallow bowl, surface covered with a piece of buttered wax paper.