1/1 Photo of Spanish Rice Pronto
My Mom used to make this, and I found her recipe - it's from a 1968 Minute Rice calendar as September's feature. I've made a few changes though - using a little olive oil instead of 1/4 cup of fat like the original recipe, and adding 1 can of tomatoes and 1 small can of tomato sauce, sometimes I use black olives instead of green ones or both. This is a quick and hearty dinner, excellent with a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil or 1 -2 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4-1 lb lean ground beef or 3/4-1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 1/3 cups Minute Rice
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1Heat oil in frypan and saute onion and green pepper till just soft, then add ground beef and break up as cooking so it is well crumbled.
- 2Cook meat very well& drain fat if any.
- 3Add tomato sauce and hot water, salt and pepper- bring to a boil.
- 4Once boiling add in Minute Rice, stir, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 5Garnish with sliced olives.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Rice Pronto
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 1337.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 21.4 g