Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
very mild version ( no hots) my kids love it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium finely dice onion
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 dash salt
- on med heat in large skillet brown ground beef and onion.
- strain grease.
- add to meat and onion in skillet both cans tomato sauce , bell pepper and spices. (dont forget salt).
- Simmer till peppers are tender approx 30 minutes.
- stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook rice seperately .bring water and dash of salt to boil add rice, stir well, reduce heat, cover, simmer on low for approx 15 minutes or till rice is tender.
- when rice is done fold into meat sauce , mix well.
- 4 generous portions.