Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
this is easy & good to give away to friends. The cloth bag you can make yourself if you sew.
- 2 cups white rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Mix all ingredients in cloth bag or jar.
- To give away as a gift in a food basket.
- When ready to cook add 28 oz canned tomatoes with the juice, 1 3/4c water& 1T margarine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- simmer for about 25 min until tender.
I used this just as a recipe and it was good. We really liked the flavor and I will make again. The only thing I didnt realize was in the instructions it asks for 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp sweet basil, and 1 tsp beef bullion powder, but all are combined on one line. So all I added was the oregano. I will make again and post another review when we have another spanish night.