Recipe by Girl from India
This is an old recipe that I make from my mum's recipe collection. I don't know how Spanish it is like the Spanish Chicken recipe that I use. But I like it.
- 3 cups long-grain rice
- 4 large onions
- 6 tomatoes
- 8 green peppers
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 15 cloves garlic
- 7 green chilies
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the rice in lots of water till it is cooked but slightly underdone.
- Drain and rinse to stop the cooking process.
- You can add a tblsp of oil so that the grains do not stick together.
- Chop onions, cut tomatoes into large pieces.
- Deseed and cut the green peppers into chunks.
- Roast the chillies in a fry pan for the few minutes and pound coarsely with the garlic.
- Heat 1 tblsp oil in a vessel and add the onions and fry till translucent.
- Add the garlic- chilli paste and saute for 3 minutes more.
- Add the green pepper, tomatoes and cover and cook till the capsicum softens.
- Add the rice and salt and garam masala and mix gently.
- Simmer for 3 more minutes till the rice is heated through.
- Garnish with cilantro if you wish.