- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups texmati rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, and pepper until crisp-tender.
- Add rice; cook and stir for 5-8 minutes until rice becomes opaque.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and decrease heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Let stand off heat for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.