My wife made this today and for me who doesn't like rice, it was great. It lends itself perfectly to stuffing into baked peppers or baked onions or even cabbage rolls. It's great on it's own as well.
- Heat butter in frying pan and fry onion, green pepper, celery and mushrooms until tender.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Simmer slowly for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups cooked rice.
- Turn into buttered 2 quart casserole.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until bubbling.
- More tomatoes or tomato juice may be added if desired.