Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick recipe for those hectic nights.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups hot water
- salt, pepper and chili powder to taste
- cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
- Saute the onion, green pepper and hot dogs over medium high heat until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the rice and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, hot water and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- Melt cheese over top, if desired.