Top Review by mandycakes77
Well, these were just super awesome. Next time I might add a can of rotel instead of diced tomatoes only because I like things really, really spicy. This is a new favorite in our house!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package Spanish rice, and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- diced avocado
- sliced ripe olives
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet,cook beef,onion and garlic until meat is browned, drain.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning; add remaining seasoning to beef.
- Stir in 3/4 c.
- water; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, saute rice mix in butter over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, contents of rice seasoning packet and remaining water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in beef mixture.
- Spread over tortillas to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Combine tomato sauce and reserved taco seasoning; pour over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.