1/2 Photos of Spanish Rice Dinner
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I got the basic idea from Jeri Dobrowski from Beach, North Dakota who sent it in to the " Taste of Home " people. I found it in one of those recipe booklets you can buy at places like Wal-mart, and the grocery stores.I didn't have everything that her recipe called for, so I improvised and used what was on hand, plus I added a few extras :) .I will list her ingredients in parenthesis.Thanks Jeri for a very good idea. :) As this is written it would serve 4,but if you served it with a side salad and garlic bread you might be able to get six servings.Submitted to Food.com ( a.k.a. " ZAAR " ) on July 2nd.2012.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 354.88 ml cooked long-grain rice
- 411.06 g can chili seasoned diced tomatoes (same amount of stewed )
- 411.06 g can green beans, drained
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml seasoning salt
- 177.44 ml finely chopped sweet onion (she used 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion)
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml ground mustard
- 4.92 ml garlic powder, divided (she used 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder )
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper (she used 1/8 teaspoon )
- 2.46 ml chili powder (she used 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce)
- 118.29 ml mexican style shredded cheese (optional)
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat add beef,onion, seasoned salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic powder.
- 2Cook until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- 3Drain and return to skillet.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat sprinkle with cheese if using; cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Rice Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 107.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: