Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
THis was in Budget meal for Four...in Taste of Home. I am a real sucker for meals that are quick to put together and quick in clean up, those always tend to be easy on the pocket as well. Haven't tried but wanted to put up so I will always have it and know where to find it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces green beans (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon onion (dried, minced)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard (ground)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In large skillet , cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover & simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is tender.