Recipe by mollypaul
This hearty rice dish is the perfect accompaniment to your Southwestern meal. From that chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup rice
- 4 cups tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Cook bacon in skillet; remove and crumble.
- Cook onion and beef in the fat; season.
- Put cooked meat, onion and rice into prepared casserole and mix in tomato juice.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over the top.