Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This hearty rice dish is the perfect accompaniment to your Southwestern meal. From that chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup rice
- 4 cups tomato juice
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Cook bacon in skillet; remove and crumble.
- Cook onion and beef in the fat; season.
- Put cooked meat, onion and rice into prepared casserole and mix in tomato juice.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over the top.