1/1 Photo of Spanish Rice and Prawn One Pot
This recipe from BBC Good Food is a quickie version of paella. It is made with basmati rice which shortens the cooking time considerably. It is a great recipe for a weeknight meal and it reheats well. In fact, it tastes better the second time around!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non-stick frying pan, fry the onion, peppers, chorizo and garlic in the oil over high heat for 3 minutes.
- 2Stir in the rice, tomatoes and boiling water.
- 3Cover and cook over high heat for 12 minutes.
- 4Uncover and stir - the rice should almost be tender at this point.
- 5Stir in the prawns, with a bit more water if the rice looks dry.
- 6Cook for another minute until the prawns are just pink and the rice tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Rice and Prawn One Pot
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 512.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g