1/2 Photos of Spanish Rice and Pigeon Peas ( Arroz con Gandules)
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe I also found online, it goes very well with the Roast Pork, Pernil. I love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a big pot heat up 2 tbsps oil on a low flame and put in the Sofrito and all the other ingredients except rice and water.
- 2Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- 3Then put the rice in and stir well.
- 4Next add the water, leave the pot uncovered, cook over medium heat and let the rice dry out.
- 5As soon as the rice is dry, turn the rice over,in the pot, put the cover back on and put on low flame for 20 minutes.
- 6After 20 minutes turn rice over again and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Rice and Pigeon Peas ( Arroz con Gandules)
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.0
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 682.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: