Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
A tasty recipe that we enjoy. (I often make large batches of meatballs and freeze them to use in recipes such as this - a real time saver!) This meal cooks in one skillet, minimizing clean-up - who can't appreciate that?!
Top Review by KGCOOK
HA! I make this recipe and took pics. I post the picks and then decided to check for the recipe. This is exactly the one and it's great and will be a repeat! The tomatoes I used "Hunts Fire Roasted diced". I added more onion. Thanks for a good one!
- 6 slice bacon
- 158.51 ml uncooked white rice
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 354.88 ml water
- 118.29 ml soft breadcrumbs
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 78.07 ml Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml hot pepper sauce
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 118.29 ml sliced celery
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove, coarsely crumble and set aside.
- Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Form into 20 meatballs, using a rounded tablespoon for each.
- In same skillet, brown meatballs in reserved drippings; remove.
- In same skillet, saute onion and celery until tender-crisp; drain excess fat.
- Add rice, water,tomatoes, 57 sauce, ¼ teaspoon pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in bacon, meatballs and green pepper. Cover; simmer and additional 10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed,stirring occasionally.
- Serves 4.