Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Taste of Home. This is a fresh-tasting, well-seasoned chicken casserole - adjust the amount of chili powder according to your heat tolerance.
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) broiler or 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Combine garlic salt, celery salt and paprika; sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake,uncovered, at 425 for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
- Combine rice,onion, green pepper and parsley; spoon into the pan.
- In a saucepan,bring broth, tomatoes, salt and chili powder to a boil.
- Pour over rice mixture; mix well.
- Place chicken pieces on top.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken and rice are tender.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.