Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of our favorite, easy, after-work comfort food casseroles....Very quick and simple to make, and my kids love it! Hope you like it too...
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry vegetable soup mix (Lipton's)
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Brown the ground chuck with the minced garlic and drain.
- Crumble the ground chuck in the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle Minute Rice over the ground chuck.
- Sprinkle Vegetable Soup Mix evenly on top.
- Mix tomato soup and water, and then pour evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake, covered, in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Everyone really reaved over this recipe. The only difference when I made it was that I used a pound of ground venison. But still this is a great dish. Thanks for a great new easy dinner recipe.
This was really good!!! I didn't have any tomato soup, but did have two cans of enchilada sauce (go figure) - used two cans of sauce and half a cup of water in place of the water and soup. YUMMY. This would make a GREAT burrito filling for leftovers. Thanks for sharing this!!!
Very Yummy! I used ground turkey and saute'd with garlic and onion and added a little taco seasoning to the meat. I also used onion soup mix since I didn't have veggie. Love how quick it was to make! Thank you for sharing!