Recipe by Stacky5
This is one of our favorite, easy, after-work comfort food casseroles....Very quick and simple to make, and my kids love it! Hope you like it too...
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Everyone really reaved over this recipe. The only difference when I made it was that I used a pound of ground venison. But still this is a great dish. Thanks for a great new easy dinner recipe.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry vegetable soup mix (Lipton's)
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground chuck with the minced garlic and drain.
- Crumble the ground chuck in the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle Minute Rice over the ground chuck.
- Sprinkle Vegetable Soup Mix evenly on top.
- Mix tomato soup and water, and then pour evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake, covered, in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.