Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very good side dish. Delicious, moist. Will bring comfort and compliments. Enjoy!
Make and share this Spanish Rice ala Nita recipe from Food.com.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 vidalia onions or 1 sweet onion, peeled,chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh celery, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, in juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook bacon over medium-low heat until it is browned.
- Remove bacon to a plate with paper towels on it.
- Allow it to drain.
- Add beef to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring often, breaking up beef well, leaving no lumps.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, stirring in well.
- Cook until beef is browned, another 3 or 4 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Reserve beef in a bowl.
- Add butter to pan, melting it over low heat.
- Stir in onions, celery and bell pepper.
- Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes or until onions are somewhat translucent.
- Add reserved beef.
- Add rice, undrained tomatoes, water, dark brown sugar.
- Stir well.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is tender.
- Crumble reserved bacon and stir it in.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasoning.