- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked rice (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add uncooked rice and stir until lightly browned.
- Set aside.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Add chopped onions, bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes and water.
- Add browned rice to meat mixture and bring to a boil.
- Cover with lid and simmer on low for 45 minutes.