1/1 Photo of Spanish Rice
I am always looking for a good Spanish rice and this one hits the spot! Remember to allow 20 minutes to let it stand. Trust the recipe. lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons yellow onions, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, chopped
- 1In a sauce pan that has a tight fitting cover, melt the butter and sauté the onions until soft.
- 2Add the rice and stir to coat the rice with butter, then add the tomato juice, water, bouillon cubes, pepper sauce, chili powder, and black pepper.
- 3Stir to dissolve the bouillon cubes and bring to a boil.
- 4Once the liquid reaches a boil, reduce heat to its lowest setting, cover, and go away for 25 minutes.
- 5Do not stir, do not look under the lid, do not worry!
- 6Once your timer goes off, remove the pan from the heat, lift the lid off quickly and throw in the tomatoes, and chopped peppers and put the lid back on quickly.
- 7Do not stir, do not taste, do not worry!
- 8Allow the rice to steam in the pan for 20 more minutes.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Rice
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.4
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 517.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g