- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons yellow onions, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan that has a tight fitting cover, melt the butter and sauté the onions until soft.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the rice with butter, then add the tomato juice, water, bouillon cubes, pepper sauce, chili powder, and black pepper.
- Stir to dissolve the bouillon cubes and bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid reaches a boil, reduce heat to its lowest setting, cover, and go away for 25 minutes.
- Do not stir, do not look under the lid, do not worry!
- Once your timer goes off, remove the pan from the heat, lift the lid off quickly and throw in the tomatoes, and chopped peppers and put the lid back on quickly.
- Do not stir, do not taste, do not worry!
- Allow the rice to steam in the pan for 20 more minutes.