Recipe by Dish with Tish
Quick and easy rice that goes great with any Mexican dish or even use to make Jambalaya.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Oh boy! This was excellent rice~ I used long grained rice instead of what was required - but other then that, totally excellent, and full of flavor with a spot of spice. Added some cilantro to the end of the cooking time. Made for PAC - 2014
- 2 cups white basmati rice
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan heat olive oil over med-high heat until oil starts to ripple. Add in onion, cook until translucent. Pour uncooked rice into pan and stir until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes Slowly, stir in chicken stock and can of undrained diced tomatoes with green chilies, salt, pepper, and spices. Let this come to a boil and then cover pan with lid and turn heat to low and simmer 15 minutes Remove pan from heat, keeping lid on and let this steam for 10 minutes Fluff rice with fork and serve.