Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Tasty sweet but bitty flavor!
- 946.36 ml cooked short-grain rice
- 2 (1587.57 g) can diced tomatoes
- 453.59 g can tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml chopped bell pepper (red, orange and yellow)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml butter, divided
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 14.79 ml spicy McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml turmeric
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml mustard powder
- 14.79 ml minced dried onion
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh chives
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. cook rice to directions.
- 2. 3 tbsps butter, garlic, onions, peppers, steak season, salt, tumeric, pepper, chili powder, mustard powder in a large frying pan till tender over medium heat.
- 3. add chives,sugar, brown sugar and tomatoes and and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- 4. place rice in crock pot, spread pats of butter on top, pour tomatoe mixture over rice add minced onions and chedder, cook on low for 4 hours, stir occasionaly, serve.