Recipe by RO*TEL
A Spanish rice recipe starts with instant rice, tomatoes and onions combined with chili powder and cumin for an easy side dish
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until rice is browned lightly, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, drained tomatoes, chili powder and cumin to saucepan; stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.