Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a really simple and good recipe I made up after tasting a box mix of Dirty Rice. My family likes mine much better.
- 1 lb hamburger, browned and seasoned with
- salt & pepper
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, green pepper, celery, onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchopped Mexican tomatoes
- Brown hamburger, season with salt, pepper and onion. Sprinkle diced onion soup mix over hamburger as it's browning. (You may want to eliminate salt as the onion soup mix is salty - that all depends on your taste.).
- Then add the 3 different cans of tomatoes, rice and beans, simmer until rice is tender.
This isn't spanish rice...it's dirty rice (big difference)
This recipe is great! I used this as a part of a birthday dinner and it was wonderful! I also am on WW and this fit right into my meal plan. If you haven't tried it, you definitely should!