Recipe by Kate.1980
I learned to make this in Mexico. Its great with any Mexican meal. My family loves this and its the only way I can get my picky daughter to eat rice.
- 2 cups medium grain rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 knorr tomato bouillon with chicken flavor cube, disolved in hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion, cilantro and mince garlic, set aside.
- Open can of tomato sauce and dissolve bouillon cube in hot water.
- In a nonstick saute pan heat oil over medium high.
- Add rice, garlic, and onion, saute until rice starts to turn golden brown.
- Pour in tomato sauce and stir to coat rice.
- Add hot water bouillon mixture, give a quick stir.
- Add salt and chopped cilantro, mix and bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Once it begins to boil,cover and move to a burner preheated to medium low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes without removing lid.
- Fluff with fork and serve.