Recipe by Vicki in Kansas Brown
This recipe was in a cookbook that came with the Tappan microwave oven we bought over 20 years ago. It's my favorite, I've also put this in the smoker for the last 20-25 min.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon in a 2 quart casserole, cover with a paper towel. Microwave on high (100%) for 4-4 1/2 minutes or till crispy. Remove bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Add onions & rice to bacon drippings. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients & bacon. Cover with tight fitting lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5-8 minutes or until boiling. Stir, cover then microwave on medium (50%) for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender & all liquid is absorbed.