Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received this recipe from a friend while I was living in Guam. It's very tasty and easy to prepare.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 knorr chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- In a large saucepan saute rice and onion in cooking oil until golden brown.
- Pour in tomato sauce and 4 cans of water.
- Add bouillons, stir until boiling, lower the heat and cover until done, about 20 minutes.
I wouldn't call it spanish rice either just coz it didn't have green peppers and that's the ingredient that makes spanish rice so yummy. Other than that, nice flavor and I added some garlic too.Made it for autumn Pac 09.
This had a really good taste to it. I had added a little basil and Italian seasonings, because it didn't seem like the recipe had enough flavor. It turned out really good. I don't think I would personally call this Spanish rice though. It lacked alot of ingredients that are in Spanish rice. My DD and I both enjoyed it.. I would definitely make this again. But this made so much rice, way more than servings for 4, especially if using as a side dish like I did. But that is good, cause I will have some for lunches and I froze one container. Made for the Spring PAC '09