Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Savory Rice goes great with my Chicken Enchiladas
- Heat oil in bottom of medium saucepan on medium to high heat.
- Pour the rice into oil.
- Brown the rice, keeping a steady eye as to not BURN the rice, rice will begin to smell similar to popcorn.
- When rice is brown, pour in 5 cups of water and the Tomato boullion.
- Stir and cover. Reduce heat to low/medium and let rice simmer, continuing to stir periodically.
- Rice will thicken and soak up the water. Taste the rice after about 15-20 minutes. If it is soft, it is ready to serve. If it is still hard, pour in the remaining water slowly and continue to simmer.