Recipe by Ceezie
This recipe was listed as kid friendly in Relish Mag - if your kids like green beans feel free to double them.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced green beans
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans; cook 3 minutes. Add rice, oregano and salt; stir well and cook 1 minute, until rice is lightly browned.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 15 to 25 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.